My Hair Story and Everyday NO Heat Hair Routine

9:18 PM



Hi everyone! I always get compliments about how long, black and shiny my hair is and I get asked a lot of times what I do with it. So today, I will share with you what I normally do to take care of my hair.

When I was younger, I used to shampoo my hair every single day, but I remember there's this one time when I had to skip taking a bath for a day or two because I was sick. That's the first time I noticed that my hair looked so much shinier and felt so much softer (on its second day not being washed). This is before I went to high school. 

In our school (high school), you'll be teased if you don't shower every morning and if you don't wash your hair everyday so I did just that. Little did I know that shampooing my hair every single day when I don't really have an oily scalp is not that healthy. 


When I was in college, there were days I had to rush to school without taking a bath because that's how life was for most architecture students in my days, hahaha. We almost never sleep at night, which also explains why we sometimes couldn't even afford to take a shower in the morning - all for the sake of submitting our drawings on time. 



When I started working in a big company after college, I went back to my routine of washing my hair every day. I'm a late bloomer, didn't I tell you that? Which is why I didn't know how to properly groom myself and I didn't really care so much about how I look. 

It was only when I relocated here in Singapore that I started to have a different perspective about improving my looks and taking care of my face and body more. It's also when I started researching for information after information about anything that is beauty related including the proper way to take care of my hair.





Since I've learned that it's healthy to let the natural oil of my hair to come out, I've been washing my hair every other day. On days that I don't wash my hair, I use a dry shampoo just to make sure that my scalp still looks clean and my head smells nice and girly.  After every wash, I let my hair air-dry. I very rarely use heat on my hair - as in! 


Even when I want to curl my hair, I'd put it in a braid or use rollers and sleep on it overnight. This way, my hair is less prone to any breakage and further damage. I also use a healing treatment oil and rub it to the ends of my hair because that's where my hair is really dry. 


When I want to dry my hair faster, I use a round brush and comb my hair with it in front of an electric fan. I don't do anything more to my hair other than these steps. The other thing I do that really helps a lot not only with my hair but with the rest of my body as well is drink plenty of water every day. 


How about you? How do you take care of your hair? Share your thoughts in the comments section below. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe