Thoughts Tuesday #1: WHEN TO LET GO?

4:22 PM




“If something or someone you’re holding close to your heart makes you question who you really are as a person, maybe it’s time to let that something or someone go. Don’t compromise who you are for a thing or person you’re not sure is worthy of the real you.”  
- thelatebloomer11 -


As I’m writing this, I’m comfortably seated on our couch by the window while anxiously waiting for the washing machine to finish spinning so I can start with the dreaded hanging of clothes. Yep, it’s my least favorite part of doing the laundry. Ya know what’s my most favorite part? Folding of newly washed clothes. YES!!! For some reason, I find it relaxing. Anyway, this post is of course not about laundry. I just want to type away my thoughts on a Tuesday, but before I let you into my messy mind, how was your weekend?

If you asked me, I’d say it’s pretty interesting. This past weekend (SAT-MON) was my hubby’s off. Believe it or not, despite seeing each other everyday, I still always look forward to his OFFs. I like the thought of waking up to a day where I know we can simply lounge the whole day together. We enjoy doing lots of things together and we talk a lot. We can talk for hours and hours and still not get tired of each other. Needless to say, I really like his company. It is the ultimate reason why I don’t really wanna go out or have other plans than be with him during his rest days. That and well, the fact that I am a true-blue home-buddy.

I don’t know if anyone could relate to this, but I find home as the most relaxing place in the world. I can always think and find new things for me to do when I am at home. I’m always excited and I feel invigorated when I’m at home. On the other hand, I easily get drained of energy whenever I’m outside. You probably already got it by now but just in case you haven’t, YES, I’m a big introvert. And some people may not know this about me or refuse to believe that about me but it’s true, I’m an introvert. I may not necessarily be the Shy-type Introvert but I certainly am not the outgoing type.

Now, I don’t essentially hate being around people; it’s just not my thing to be outside a lot. I have friends who I hang out with occasionally but only those friends who know me well (and there’s really not a lot of them) would know and understand that I’m really NOT an outgoing person and that it takes me a tremendous amount of effort to get myself out of the house. Yes, I’m the boring type of person, probably your least type of person in the world. But I’m also the type of person who you can run to when you need someone to listen to you.

When I was in high school, I’ve had “friends” who knew me only when they need someone they can cry on because I’m that type of person. I listen. I’m not the “fun and adventurous” type. I once tried to be but it didn’t work out ‘coz that’s just not who I am.  That’s why I really don’t blame those who were only close to me for “a season” because everyone has their own preferences.

Wait a minute! What’s going on here? Hahaha! Why did this suddenly become all about my high-school life? LOL. Let’s just say that something about yesterday made me re-think of my choices in life and whom I want to associate myself with. Yesterday just made me once again, very thankful of having my precious hubby not just a husband but a best friend, too. He was very sensitive of my actions and emotions yesterday.  He noticed right away that something happened and that whatever that was, it tore me up inside and made me feel very sad. What he did was simple. He just made me feel that my thoughts regardless of how complicated they maybe at times (or most of the time, because it’s woman-nature to complicate things - LOL) matter to him. 

So he listened. He just listened until it slowly felt okay, until I was able to finally curve my lips into a smile. After letting out so many sighs, I smiled and then I decided it’s time. It's time to let go.

***

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and may we all have a great week ahead of us. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe